Trevor Mills Updated:10/2013

AGFC offers private landowners technical assistance and advice managing wildlife through a statewide staff of private lands biologists. If you own land and would like assistance managing for wildlife, contact the private lands biologist who covers the county where you land is located on the map. Private lands biologists offer recommendations to habitat based on the wildlife objectives of the landowner.

These specialized biologists can provide a written wildlife management plan along with current aerial photos identifying where wildlife practices are recommended for installation. There are many state and federal agencies along with several private organizations that offer financial assistance to landowners to improve their lands for high-priority wildlife species. These programs offer incentive or easement payments, cost-share payments and other financial assistance to assist landowners in the establishment or enhancement of habitat. Private lands biologists are well versed in private lands programs and can direct landowners to appropriate programs for assistance.

Here are a few examples of wildlife management practices private lands biologists can recommend to improve habitat:

Prescribed burning
Forest/Wildlife stand improvement
Creating nesting, brooding and fawning cover
Wildlife travel corridors
Creating edge habitat
Establishing annual and perennial food plots 
Strip disking

Contact Trevor Mills


Contact Trevor Mills

Private Lands Biologist
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
402 North Walnut
Harrison, AR  72601
Phone: (870) 741-8600 x 114
Cell Phone: (870) 204–1765

Service Area

Services provided in:
  • Boone County, Arkansas
  • Johnson County, Arkansas
  • Marion County, Arkansas
  • Newton County, Arkansas
  • Pope County, Arkansas
  • Searcy County, Arkansas