GreenTrees delivers the Currency of Conservation. We start with our innovative tree planting approach, grow the forest to produce carbon, and then lets the carbon become the base for a series of forest assets – biodiversity, air, and water – we call it ACRE (Advanced Carbon Restored Ecosystem).
Forests are nature’s cathedrals, and we cement a legacy and turn out sustainability credits for investors seeking the best in credentials for their work. To date, GreenTrees has over 2 million tons of carbon credits under contract for Fortune 500 companies, making GreenTrees the leading reforestation carbon company in North America.
We accept enrollment on a site-by-site basis. The most suitable acres include:
- Soil types compatible for planting cottonwoods and mixed hardwoods
- Good drainage following heavy rainfall
- Clear of shrubs, grasses and other competitive weeds prior to establishment
GreenTrees provides complimentary assistance to landowners to determine if the property acres are suitable for planting a GreenTrees forest.
From historical flooding to droughts to high commodity prices and input costs, nothing is normal.
- The Floods and Droughts in the Delta have made many ready to secure their future in trees.
- The high costs of farming are causing many to prefer the low costs of growing a forest.
- The volatility of agricultural commodities is making many ready for predictable forest incomes.
- And last but not least, many are concerned with how a way of life are passed down to the next generation.
If any or all of these are on your mind, GreenTrees may be the best way to make your land work for you and your family. We employ an interplanting of fast growing cottonwoods with slower more biologically valuable mixed hardwoods. The result is a near instant and valuable forest. See for yourself, click here.
Along with recreational use and traditional conservation incomes like CRP and WRP, GreenTrees offers six different timber revenue streams — both long and short. The cottonwoods may be harvested three times within 25 years while the hardwoods build up long-term timber value. During the first 15 years, GreenTrees delivers new incomes in the form of carbon credits. As the leading reforestation program on private lands, we have over 2 million tons of carbon credits already under contract in the Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi area.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of VirginiaLandCAN.
GreenTrees is not employed by or affiliated with the Virginia Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
4243 Jackson Street
Post Office Box C
The Plains, VA 20198
Phone: (540) 253-2506
Statewide service provider in: