Ted Zawislak Updated:05/2023

AGFC offers private landowners technical assistance and advice managing wildlife through a statewide staff of private lands biologists. If you own land and would like assistance managing for wildlife, contact the private lands biologist who covers the county where you land is located on the map. Private lands biologists offer recommendations to habitat based on the wildlife objectives of the landowner.

These specialized biologists can provide a written wildlife management plan along with current aerial photos identifying where wildlife practices are recommended for installation. There are many state and federal agencies along with several private organizations that offer financial assistance to landowners to improve their lands for high-priority wildlife species. These programs offer incentive or easement payments, cost-share payments and other financial assistance to assist landowners in the establishment or enhancement of habitat. Private lands biologists are well versed in private lands programs and can direct landowners to appropriate programs for assistance.

Here are a few examples of wildlife management practices private lands biologists can recommend to improve habitat:

  • Prescribed burning
  • Forest/Wildlife stand improvement
  • Creating nesting, brooding and fawning cover
  • Wildlife travel corridors
  • Creating edge habitat
  • Establishing annual and perennial food plots 
  • Strip disking

Contact Ted Zawislak

REMINDER: This listing is a free service of ArkansasLandCAN.
Ted Zawislak is not employed by or affiliated with the Arkansas Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.


Contact Ted Zawislak

Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
North Private Lands Supervisor
1 Game and Fish Road
Calico Rock, AR  72519
Phone: 870-297-4331
Cell Phone: 870-404-4789
Toll Free: 877-297-4331
Fax: (870) 297-8994

Service Area

Statewide service provider in:
  • Arkansas